|How it works | Typesetting | Proofing | Distribution | Contact Tandem Press|
Terms and Conditions
The TandemPress standard terms are 50% payable on initial order with the balance payable on delivery.
The standard terms apply to all first time customers - this not only protects ourselves but also prevents you from over-speculating in what is a risk prone business.
Please read the following carefully - any order placed is an ackowledgement that the terms and conditions have been read and accepted.
Government, schools, and public institutions contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and Conditions
1. PRELIMINARY WORK: Work produced, whether experimental or otherwise, at customers request will be charged for.
2. PROOFS: Author's corrections after first proof, including alteration in style, will be charged extra. Proofs of all work may be submitted for customers approval, and no responsibility will be accepted for any errors in proofs passed by the client.
3. PAYMENT AND DELIVERY: Payment of 50% of the invoice total shall be made by the client on commencement of the work. The remaining 50% shall become due upon notification that the work is ready for delivery.
4. EXPEDITED DELIVERY: Should expedited delivery be agreed and necessitate other additional costs, an additional charge will be made.
5. CLAIMS: Claims arising from damage, delay, or partial loss of goods in transit must be made in writing to Tandem so as to reach them within three days of delivery and claims for non-delivery within 28 days of despatch of the goods.
6. LIABILITY: Tandem shall not he liable for indirect or consequential loss or for any loss to the customer arising from third party claims occasioned by errors in carrying out the work or by delay in delivery.
7. STANDING MATTER: All artwork whether digital or conventional, or other work including film and plates relating to covers will be effaced after one calender month of the order being completed unless written arrangements are made to the contrary.
8. CUSTOMER'S PROPERTY AND PROPERTY SUPPLIED:
(a) Customer's property and all property supplied to Tandem by or on behalf of the customer will be held at customers risk.
(b) Every care will he taken to secure the best results where materials or equipment are supplied by customers, but responsibility will not be accepted for imperfect work caused by defects in or unsuitability of such materials or equipment. (c) Where the customer supplies materials adequate quantities shall be supplied to cover spoilage.
9. GENERAL LIEN: The printer shall in respect of all unpaid debts due from the customer have a general lien on all goods and property in his hands and shall be entitled on the expiration of 14 days notice to dispose of such goods or property as he thinks fit and to apply the proceeds towards such debts.
10. ILLEGAL MATTER:
(a) The printer shall not be required to print any matter which in his opinion is or may be illegal or of a libellous nature.
(b) Tandem shall be indemnified by the customer in respect of any claims. cost and expenses arising out of any illegal or libellous matter printed for the customer or any infringement of copyright, patent or design.
11. FORCE MAJEURE: Every effort will be made to carry out the contract, but its due performance is subject to cancellation by Tandem or to such variation as he may find necessary as a result of inability to secure labour, materials or supplies or as a result of any Act of God, War, Strike, Lockout or other labour dispute. Fire, Flood, Drought, Legislation or other cause (whether of the foregoing class or not) beyond the printers control.